Professor Tom Blum has been selected a “Fermilab Distinguished Scholar”.
Fermilab Distinguished Scholars are rotating multi-year appointments for U.S. theorists in either the Fermilab Theoretical Physics Department or the Theoretical Astrophysics Group.
The Fermilab Distinguished Scholars program aims to:
- Strengthen connections between the Fermilab Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics groups and the wider U.S. particle-theory community.
- Broaden the Fermilab theoretical-physics research program through collaborations between the Fermilab Distinguished Scholars and Fermilab theory staff, postdocs, and students.
- Strengthen connections between the U.S. particle-theory community and the Fermilab experimental program.
- Increase the frequency and quality of interactions between U.S. particle theorists and Fermilab experimentalists.
- Increase resident theoretical expertise in targeted physics areas to support the Fermilab experimental program.
For more information see Fermilab Distinguished Scholars Program