UConn Planetarium

The UConn Planetarium was built in 1954 by Provost Al Waugh. It is the oldest planetarium in Connecticut and is maintained in a semi-historic state for this reason. It has a 16 foot dome and previously housed a Spitz model A1 star and planet projector with several custom designed special effects projectors. The old projector is currently on display near the Physics department main office in Gant South.

The planetarium is currently under renovation and is on track to reopen in 2024. Contact Matt Guthrie at guthrie@uconn.edu for more information.