Methods of computational quantum chemistry and their application to problems in molecular physics. Reaction path methods and reaction rate theory. Computational thermochemistry, including complete basis set (CBS) methods.
- Ph.D., Chemical Physics, Columbia University, 1978
- M.S., Physics, University of North Carolina, 1970
- B.A., Physics, Vanderbilt University, 1969
- 2008-present: Research Professor, Department of Physics, University of Connecticut
- 1999-2008: Senior Research Scientist, Gaussian Inc.
- 1994-1999: Senior Research Scientist, Lorentzian Inc.
- 1985-1994: Senior Research Scientist, United Technologies Research Center
- 1981-1985: Research Scientist, Bell Laboratories
- 1979-1980: Research Scientist, Institute for Defence Analysis
- 1978-1979: Research Associate, University of Illinois
- American Physical Society
- American Chemical Society